After spending some time in beta, the first big Dishonored 2 update is now available across all platforms. It brings with it a New Game+ mode that allows you to combine Emily and Corvo's abilities into one ridiculously overpowered character, as well as a variety of balance and performance fixes.
If you're interested in all of the details you'll find the full patch notes by heading over to Steam. But if you're just interested in all of the PC specific changes and optimization, here's the brief list:
• Fixed a bug where Switching off the V-Sync for the second time sets the FPS Limiter to 30 instead of 60 by default
• Fixed a bug where changing the settings from TXAA to FXAA and not applying the change makes the TXAA Sharpness turn to 1 instead of its previous value
• Fixed various crashes to desktop
• Game now runs on Phenom processor
• Fixed physics step variation limitation
• PC Load screens - the mouse cursor is now hidden - can press any key to continue
• Fixed Triple Buffering description text to match the option
• Fixed various bugs releated to PC Visuals Options
• Improved input management when the game runs at 120fps, during bendtime or slowmo
• Fixed a bug where plugging and unplugging controller after game has launched locks controls until either the controller button or Alt Tab is used
• Improved Ansel integration
• Fixed a bug where the resolution of the timepiece's preview keeps changing when opening a menu while playing with the adaptive resolution and FXAA
• Fixed a bug where the cursor was misplaced during greater blood thirst
As far as future updates are concerned, you can expect to see another significant one at some point in January. It will bring with it the ability to select missions from the main menu, and most importantly, the option to customize the difficulty. Arkane hasn't released all of the details just yet, but apparently there will be a "wide array of settings" to mess around with, so it does appear that this update will be a rather significant. Just imagine how much more challenging Dishonored 2 could become if the guards were to be cured of their crippling blindness and deafness!