If you've already completed Dishonored 2 and feel the need to start up another playthrough, you'll be glad to hear that the most recent beta update has added a New Game+ mode to the PC version. As you would expect, it allows you to start the game with all of your previously unlocked traits and runes, but more interestingly, it allows you to combine Corvo and Emily's powers into a ridiculously overpowered character!
In order to unlock New Game+ you will need to actually beat Dishonored 2, but it doesn't matter which character you do it on. Whether you complete it with Emily or Corvo, you'll be able to use the other's powers once you start your New Game+ campaign, though you will need to unlock them as you would in a normal playthrough.
Besides the newly added New Game+ mode, the update has also brought in a couple of bug and performance fixes. The list isn't very long, so if you're interested in the specifics, here you go:
• New Game Plus mode!
• New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
• Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
• AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
• AI locomotion improvement for running
• Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
• Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
• Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
• Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
• Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
• General performance and optimization improvements
• Fixed various game logic issues
• Fixed various User Interface issues
As for the future, you can expect another significant update in January. This one will add the ability to select missions from the main menu, and more importantly, the ability to customize the difficulty. Arkane hasn't released any details about this feature just yet, but apparently it'll allow you to "tailor and adjust the challenge based on a wide array of settings", which makes it seem pretty damn amazing. Just imagine how harder/more exciting Dishonored 2 could become if you had the ability to cure the crippling blindness that seems to affect most of the guards!
The creatively titled Game Update 1 is currently in beta testing on Steam, so if you would like to give New Game+ a try you'll have to go through there. But if you don't feel like dealing with the occasional beta bug, the official release is set for December 19 across all platforms. Enjoy!