For those of you that haven't heard of UnderRail, its an old school, isometric turn-based CRPG with a frankly ridiculous amount of player customization options. As I've noted in my review, UnderRail is a bit clunky at times and quite hard to get into, but should you survive the first few hours you'll find a wast and complex world to explore - one that's definitely worth the time and effort for RPG fans!
I'd recommend you get on that as soon as possible because Stygian Software just announced a massive new expansion for UnderRail! In Expedition you'll be able to take a break from the dreary metro-crawling and take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a gigantic underground body of water. Since this is a CRPG we're talking about you won't be going there on a vacation, you'll instead be investigating ruins of an age long past, fighting against hordes of hostile beasts and pirates, and trying to uncover "something far more sinister than all of those".
Since there isn't much information available just yet, allow me to share with you the official list of features. It should hopefully give you a good idea of what to expect from UnderRail: Expedition. Here's the list:
• A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
• Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types – shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
• New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
• New items and crafting recipes
• New skills and feats
• Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from
Expedition will be releasing in the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC, and if you're looking to follow its progress throughout the months I would recommend you head over to Stygian's blog. And finally, here's a couple of images from Expedition: