Legion is perhaps the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever seen, but even so I must admit it has some major problems. The biggest and most annoying of these issues is the Legendary system given that its capable of either 'rewarding' you with straight up garbage or 10% more damage, all based on purely random chance.
Thankfully, this is no longer going to be the case in Update 7.2. According to the most recent PTR patch notes Blizzard has greatly increased the power level of almost all of the weakest legendaries, finally making them something more than a waste of space. You can find all of the details in the patch notes mentioned above, but if you want a brief example of what Blizzard is aiming for, here's the list of changes coming to all of the neutral and shared legendaries:
• Sephuz’s Secret
- Now always grants 10% increased movement speed and 3% Haste.
- When triggered, this bonus is increased to the current values of 70% movement speed and 25% Haste.
- 10% Base movement speed bonuses now stack with other movement speed bonuses.
• Aggramar’s Stride
- Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Now grants movement speed equal to 75% of your Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, or Versatility, whichever is highest.
• Norgannon’s Foresight
- Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940), as a third bonus secondary stat.
• Roots of Shaladrassil
- Now has an additional 658 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940), as a third bonus secondary stat.
Before you get too excited about these changes, especially the ridiculous movement speed you can get from Aggramar's Stride, just keep in mind that all of this is currently in flux. In other words, expect to see a few more balance changes by the time 7.2 finally arrives. But even if all of these changes get slightly toned down its still going to be an amazing addition as it makes the once useless legendaries now actually helpful and relevant!