Due to a strange turn of events the modern Doom ended up launching without any sort of a deathmatch mode. Thankfully, Bethesda has seen the error of their ways and have now included the classic free-for-all deathmatch mode as a part of the recent "Free Update 3".
As an added bonus, they have also added the ability to host Private Matches. When setting up your matches you will be able to determine the modes you'll play, the maps you'll play them on, the duration of the match, and other such settings you're probably well aware of. And finally, here are all of the bug fixes, as well as the changes to the SnapMap editor:
Campaign Fixes and Optimizations
• Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
• Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Titan's Realm while picking up yellow skull in crusher room.
• Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu.
• Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with DOOM Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the VEGA Central Processing
• Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery.
• Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in next level would put your character in a broken state
• Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
• Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets.
• Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards' legs would not move.
• Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in game status of Dead Man Stalking Challenge in Kadingir Sanctum.
• Various instability issues addressed.
• Improved general stability
• Undo/Redo no longer causes memory drops
• Anonymous players now are counted correctly in the map play counts
• AI Path Points now work properly when set to Sprint
• Browser sorting and empty browser are improved
• Weapon switch now has proper key bindings
• Empty Containers can now be picked up
• Weapon On Pick Up logic works when set to On Touched
• Clients are now stopped by Player Blocking Volumes
• Locked doors now properly display a “Locked” message
• Skull keys can be added and removed from Inventory
• Added “Manage by AI Conductor” setting to property settings of additional AI
• Ammo gained from picking up weapons works properly in all cases
• Powercore spawns properly when spawned a map start
• Lost Souls work properly with AI Path points
• Give Armor works properly in all conditions
This update is already live, so if you feel like giving Doom's multiplayer a second chance, now would be a good time to do so. Have fun!