After many months on the PTR (Public Test Realm) World of Warcraft's gigantic Update 7.2 is just around the corner. Once the floodgates open on March 28th the Burning Legion will pour into the Broken Shore zone, bringing with them a ridiculous amount of new content.
There's going to be a new Class Hall campaign, awesome class-specific mounts, insanely difficult singleplayer challenges, new weapon upgrades and talents, a slight rework of the Mythic dungeon system... *gasp*... a second balance pass for most Legendary items, new daily quests and invasions, a brand new dungeon, and the list goes on for quite a while! If you're interested in all of the details, and have 30 minutes to spare, you'll find everything you seek over at the official blog post. But if you're just interested in how this patch will affect your character, here are all of the important class changes:
• Player Taunts now increase all threat caused against the target by 400% for 3 seconds (was 200%).
• The Tauren and Dwarf racial bonuses Brawn and Might of the Mountain now correctly increase heals by 2% (was 1%).
• Non-tank specializations once again benefit from Bonus Armor from gear.
• The damage bonus that tanks and healers get per Artifact point spent has been increased to 0.65% for all tanks and Discipline Priests (was 0.5%), and the bonus has been increased to 1.3% for all other healers (was 1%).
- Demonic Wards now reduces all damage taken by 20% (was 10%), and increases Armor by 75% (was 120%).
• Broken Isles Pathfinder mount speed bonuses now apply to Travel Form and Flight Form (while on the ground).
• Starfall duration and tick rate is no longer affected by Haste.
• Feral Druids now deal 4% more damage with Rake, Shred, Swipe, Thrash, Brutal Slash, Moonfire, Ferocious BIte, Ashamane's Frenzy, and Rip.
- Intimidating Roar now roots targets in place (was a 50% snare).
- Mangle damage increased by 15%.
- Thrash (Bear) direct damage increased by 15%.
- Swipe (Bear) damage reduced by 25%.
Developers’ Notes: This should result in overall Guardian damage remaining roughly the same, perhaps slightly higher. But it will frontload their damage more, which should help with burst threat.
• Beast Mastery
- Dire Frenzy will now additionally cause your pet to charge up to 25 yards toward the target.
- Mark of Aluneth periodic and final damage increased by 33%.
• Chi Wave replaces Mistwalk talent:
- A wave of Chi energy flows through friends and foes, dealing Nature damage or healing. Bounces up to 7 times to targets within 25 yards.
• Mistweavers now learn Fortifying Brew at level 55 (was Fortifying Elixir at honor level 22).
• Mistweavers now learn Essence Font (Rank 2) at level 58.
• Windwalker Monks now deal 8% more damage with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Rising Sun Kick.
• Judgment of Light no longer has a cooldown between its heals on each target.
- Mental Fortitude (Artifact Trait) shield cannot exceed damage absorbed of 4% of player total health (was 8%), and now correctly calculates healing from Vampiric Touch.
• Fixed a bug where Death from Above would consume combo points up to 5 with Anticipation as expected, but gain bonus damage from combo points up to 10 with Anticipation.
- Bag of Tricks (Artifact trait) proc chance is now 2.5% per combo point spent on Envenom or Rupture.
- Urge to Kill now causes Vendetta to grant 60 energy, plus an additional 60 energy over 2 seconds.
- Curse of the Dreadblades (Artifact ability) now works with Ghostly Strike.
- Fatebringer (Artifact talent) now reduces the Energy cost of Finishing moves by 1 per point (was a reduction of 2 Energy per point).
- Increased the damage of the following abilities by 3.5%: Ambush, Between the Eyes, Cannonball Barrage, Death from Above, Ghostly Strike, Killing Spree, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Saber Slash.
- Refreshing Reap Souls will no longer overwrite the current buff’s duration with a new one. The new duration will now be added to the existing duration, up to a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
- Reap Souls (Artifact ability) now has a 5 second cooldown.
Developers’ note: Previously, casting Reap Souls at 5 stacks (which would grant 25 seconds of the buff) with 20 seconds currently left on the buff would just overwrite your old 20 second buff with a 25 second buff. Now, in this case it will increase the buff duration to 45 seconds.
- Souls are now reset to 0 at the start of an encounter. The buff is also canceled at the start of an encounter. Ulthalesh now has a greatly increased chance to generate the first three Tormented Souls at the beginning of a raid encounter.
Developers’ note: Souls are a resource, and we have a rules about resetting your resources/stacks of a buff before an encounter, so that every attempt is standardized. Having souls the first time you fight a raid boss feels good, but it makes every other attempt after that feel worse by comparison.
• Charge (and Intercept) now deals damage on arrival, and its snare begins after you hit your target.
And finally, here's the recently posted cinematic trailer teasing some of the story elements we'll be dealing with throughout the Broken Shore, as well as building up Kil'Jaeden as an actual threat. Enjoy!