After months and months of vague statements and brief previews of new items, the team behind The Binding of Isaac has decided to do something rather uncharacteristic - a proper announcement that not only revels the release date, but also exactly what to expect from the upcoming Afterbirth+ DLC. Once it arrives on January 3rd it will bring with it full access to mod tools, ~100 new items, a final chapter along with a final boss, 100s of new rooms to explore, as well as a whole bunch of other, assorted features.
And since no Isaac game can be released without a fucked up trailer, you'll be glad to hear that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ has one as well. So if you're up for getting creeped out without actually learning much about the expansion itself, you'll find the video right below. Have a look:
As for the actual list of features, here's everything you can expect to see from Afterbirth+:
• full access to mod tools ( so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design.. )
• 67 new items, 27 new trinkets and 10+ new pickups! (hows that for specific huh!?)
• a new final chapter! (yes i said chapter)
• a new final boss!
• a new playable character!
• a new “greedier” greed mode!
• a shit ton of new achievements! (62 to be exact)
• 5 achievement “challenges”!
• 100s of new rooms! ( tons of new ultra rare rooms )
• new victory lap feature! (allows the game to continue when finished)
• bestiary! (enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
• 5 new challenges!
• 2 new transformations!
• small monthly content updates! ( every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges? who knows… i may also toss a few of my own modded designs in if you are good!)
• 4+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
• a handful of new enemies, features and new champion forms!
• new cut scenes and music tracks!
• "other stuff im forgetting because i cant keep track of anything in this game at this point."
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ will set you back $10, but if you decide to purchase it during the first week of release (and you also own Afterbirth) you'll be able to grab it for a rather fitting $6,66. I'm pretty sure I've only spent $10 on Isaac so far, even though I've played it for well over a hundred hours, so I think its safe to assume Afterbirth+ is going to be well worth the money as well. Especially when you consider the mods!