Space Hulk: Deathwing is a Warhammer 40,000 themed shooter where four mighty Space Marines fight against hordes upon hordes of Genestealers and their mutated offspring. It released a little while back on Steam with quite a few issues to its name, and while the most recent update hasn't fixed all of the problems it is a step in the right direction.
The first and most exciting change is the addition of two new weapons: the Heavy Flamer, and the Hellfire Missile Launcher. Along with the new weapons all of the classes have received expanded loadouts in multiplayer, which should help to bring a bit of variety into Deathwing's class-based system. On the less exciting, but far more influential front we have all of the various technical improvements. If you're interested in all of the details, as well as the full patch notes, you should head over to Steam. On the other hand, if you're just looking for the short version, here it is:
• More weapons in Multiplayer – this includes the addition of the Heavy Flamer and Hellfire.
• Expanded class loadouts in Multiplayer – each class has more choice of what to bring into battle!
• Improved multiplayer load times – simultaneous loading time for all players.
• Performance improvements.
• Loading time improvements.
• General stability improvements.
• Multiplayer experience improvements.
• Improved Anti-Aliasing options.
• Hardware-related issues Fixes (on AMD GC).
With most technical hurdles now out of the way the developers are aiming to provide Deathwing with a constant stream of free updates throughout the year. The details are obviously still lacking, but the focus will be on improving replay value and long-term multiplayer progression. Here's to hoping they manage to do just that because I sure would love to have a compelling and long-lasting Warhammer 40,000 FPS to sink my teeth into.