If playing a strange version of football with rocket-powered acrobatic cars just isn't exciting enough to you anymore, you'll be happy to hear that a new update has raised the stakes even further - by putting the action underwater! Or as normal people would say it: the all-new AquaDome Arena has been added to all Playlists, for free.
Besides the new arena, the V1.24 patch has also brought with it two DLC Battle-Cars, a whole bunch of cosmetic items, and naturally, some bug fixes to round everything out. You can read all about the new cosmetics and achievements over at the Rocket League website, but for now here are all of the changes that will affect the actual gameplay:
• "Champions Crate III" series can now be found rarely after online matches.
• The new Crate features all-new items including the "Breakout Type-S" Import Body.
• The "Road Hog" and "Hotshot" Battle-Cars have received a visual upgrade.
• Hotshot’s handling and hitbox have been standardized against similar cars (Dominus, Breakout).
• Road Hog is unchanged aside from the visual updates.
• Rumble Mode has received a few balance adjustments to the Spike power-up.
• The Plunger and Haymaker power-ups can now affect a ball attached to a player by spikes. They do not detach the ball from the player, but can disrupt the ball’s trajectory and take the player with it.
• Players using the Spike power-up with an attached ball are now slightly less agile than before.
• The “Cosmic” arena in the “Rocket Labs” playlist has been updated.
• Goals have increased in size to be consistent with other arenas.
• Walls are now standard (vertically straight) instead of angled.
• The bottom wall curves touching the floor are now standardized with other maps.
• The top wall curves touching the ceiling are now standardized with other maps.
• Ceiling height has been reduced.
• The “Octagon” arena in the “Rocket Labs” playlist has been updated.
• The “corners” between wall sections are now smoother to make it easier to push the ball around the wall curves.
• The bottom wall curves touching the floor near the goals have been adjusted to better match standard map layouts.
• Fixed an issue in Rumble mode with the Magnetizer and Spike power-ups that caused statistics for Ball Touches to be artificially increased.
• Fixed an issue in Rumble mode that caused goals to be incorrectly credited after a player touched the ball with the Magnetizer or Spike power-ups.
This update is already live, so if you ever needed another reason to fire up Rocket League and go for a couple of matches - here you go! And as a final note, here's two images showcasing the new and shiny cosmetics: