[Update]: Some of the patch notes have now been revised. You can read about the new additions over here.
Despite already being nerfed once Ana has remained one of the strongest heroes in the entire game. The combination of large burst healing, anti-healing capabilities, sleep darts shutting down ultimates, and powerful long range damage has just proven to be too much to ever say "maybe we don't need an Ana this time around".
Well, all of this is soon going to change as Blizzard has announced a new PTR update. Once it arrives it will bring with it some much needed Ana nerfs, but also Junkrat, Sombra, Winston, and Zenyatta buffs! Here's the full list:
• Biotic Rifle
- Damage decreased from 80 to 60
• Biotic Grenade
- Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
- Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
• No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
• Fusion Driver
- Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
- Cost increased by 15%
- Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
- Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
• Barrier Projector
- Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
• Orb of Destruction
- Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
• Orb of Discord
- Can now target enemies through barriers
These nerfs are definitely going to impact Ana's pick rate, but chances are high she'll still remain the best healer when you're running a defensive team given how important it is to heal those tanks quickly and safely. And with Ana's ridiculous long range damage now out of the picture Pharah can once again return outside of specific maps, other healers like Zenyatta now have an actual role to play, and we might even see Sombra picked up as a support of sorts.
I'd recommend putting a bit of practice into the off-meta DPS heroes, because I have a feeling dive teams are going to be making an appearance in non-pro play as well given this set of chances. But whatever the case may be, its going to be one hell of a patch!