As I've mentioned numerous times throughout my review, Obduction features an incredible world that just begs to be explored. There's alien artifacts strewn about all over the place, every location oozes a particular atmosphere and charm, and overall Obduction is just downright lovely to look at.
Given how much of Obduction is centered around exploration and visual storytelling I am very glad to announce that it has just recently been updated to support Oculus Rift VR! And for those of you that are using the Vive, worry not as the developers have previously stated that they are working on it, though there is no release date set just yet. So why is this such exciting news? Well, just take a look at Obduction's launch trailer and try to tell me you wouldn't want to explore this place in person:
While the Oculus Rift VR support is quite clearly the most important part of this update, there are also a bunch of quality of life changes and bug fixes. Most importantly, the incredibly long and obnoxious loading screens have been shortened, so if you've quit the game near the end due to pure loading-induced frustration it might be worth giving it a look.
As for the patch notes, here they are in full as they are rather brief:
• Millions of fixes and improvements to loading zones. This should help improve loading hitches in all areas.
• Fixes for license plates at different graphics settings/resolutions
• Marker signs should now be much easier to read at lower resolutions
• Eric knocked over a gravestone. That's bad luck Eric.
• Fix for the grills on the seed machine only being clickable on the top handle portion instead of the whole grill.
• Lots of little improvements and optimizations to art in Hunrath
• Improvements and optimizations to art in Kaptar
• Improvements and optimizations to fog and smoke effects on low quality settings
• fixes to video playback in Maray
• Fixes for some doors closing at the wrong time under some conditions in Maray
• Many fixes for various control panels
• Fix for Back Button functionality in the menu not working.
• Better support for gamepad in photo viewer
• Fix for language changes not saving correctly under certain conditions
• Fix for "Load" text not fitting in the text area on the load screen for multiple languages.
• Increased scale of the surrounding box to allow for longer words to be shown.
• Fix for Delete and Copy dialogs not being localized correctly in Save Game Menu
• Misc fixes for localization issues
• Can now traverse through photo albums with keys.
• A dialog box pops up notifying the user when they are attempting to copy a game but already have 10 save games.
• More nodes, node fixes, etc
• Auto Detect graphics on Startup.
• Fix for ViewDistanceQuality settings.
• Fixes for issues with entering and exiting the mine cart in both free roam and point-n-click
• Gamepad input adjustments
• Adjusted volume levels on some levers and doors in Hunrath