Even though its five-years-old at this point Paradox is still pumping new content into Crusader Kings 2. The most recent The Reaper's Due DLC brought with it the black plague and a variety of other physical maladies, while the upcoming Monks & Mystics DLC will focus more on the spiritual side of things, as well as secret societies.
If that sounds like something you might be interested in, here's the relatively recent teaser trailer. It doesn't feature any gameplay, but it does a damn good job of setting the mood for the whole expansion. Anyway, have a look:
Monks & Mystics will be arriving on March 7th at a rather sizable $15/€15 price tag. And if you're wondering about the gameplay details you'll find a brief list of features down below, as well as an equally brief overview video from the Game Director himself. Have a gander:
• Monastic Orders: With lay offices available to non-clerical characters, monastic orders will increase your character’s piety - but they have expectations.
• Cults: Gnostic heresies may flourish and its is rumored that the worship of Satan continues in the darkened fringes of the world
• Climb the Ranks: Characters work their way up the ladder of Societies, unlocking new abilities and triggering new event chains
• Hunt for Heretics: Send your chaplain out to find secret societies that undermine the holy church and your realm. But what if the hunter is guilty himself?
• Other New Councillor Actions: Your councillors have a fourth action that will make them more powerful and integral to sound rulership
• And much more: Assassins, archaeological expeditions, holy relics, great treasures and more